LAST UPDATED: December 1, 2019
DATATILITY PRIVACY STATEMENT
Datatility (collectively “Datatility,” “our,” “we” or “us”) respect your privacy and are committed to maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of the personal information they collect.
Our personal information handling practices are described below, in any applicable privacy supplements, and in notices at the point of data collection.
We urge you to read this Privacy Statement so that you understand our commitment to you and your privacy, and how you can participate in that commitment. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
SCOPE and YOUR CONSENT TO OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
This Privacy Statement applies to personal information and other information collected by Datatility or its service providers from or about: (i) visitors to, or users of, its websites (“Datatility Websites”); (ii) prospective and current customers using Datatility services (the “Services”); (iii) users of any mobile-device applications that it offers (such as its iOS and Android applications); (iv) service providers and business partners; (v) job applicants; and (vi) other third-parties that it interacts with.
Please note that by providing your personal information to Datatility in the ways described in this Privacy Statement, you:
- agree that you are authorized to provide that information;
- are accepting this Privacy Statement and any supplementary privacy statement that may be relevant to you.
If you do not agree to our practices, please do not register, subscribe, create an account, or otherwise interact with our Services, Datatility websites, or mobile-device applications.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DOES DATATILITY COLLECT AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE IS IT USED?
When we refer to “Personal Information”, we mean any information that can identify you. It includes information or an opinion from which you are reasonably identifiable. In some jurisdictions, Personal Information includes information that identifies a legal entity, such as company name. We describe the Personal Information that we collect in more detail below.
We may also collect information that is related to you but that does not personally identify you (“Non-personal Information”). Non-personal Information also includes information that could personally identify you in its original form, but that we have modified (for instance, by aggregating, anonymizing or de-identifying such information) in order to remove or hide any Personal Information.
WHEN WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- Information you give us or our service providers. You may provide Personal Information when you: (i) access Datatility Websites, (ii) request, purchase and use the Services, (iii) use Datatility mobile- device applications, (iv) communicate with Datatility via phone calls, chat, email, web forms, social media and other methods of communication, (v) subscribe to Datatility marketing material, (vi) apply for a job, or (vi) provide services to Datatility.
- Information we collect about you and your device via automated means. Each time you visit a Datatility Website, use any of our mobile-device applications, view a Datatility advertisement on a third party-owned website or read a Datatility marketing email, we may automatically collect information about you via cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies.
- Social Media Platforms. We may receive certain information that’s stored or processed by third parties, such as the social media sites Facebook®, Twitter® and LinkedIn® when you interact with us through these social media platforms. Datatility Websites may include social media features – such as the Facebook “Like” button – and widgets – such as the “share this” button. These features may collect your IP address as well as details of the pages you are visiting on Datatility Websites. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted by Datatility Websites. Each social media platform may have a privacy statement that specifically governs its use of social media features.
- Public Forums, Blogs and the Customer Reference Program. Datatility Websites may feature bulletin boards, blogs or forums. Any Personal Information that you choose to submit via such a forum may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums, and may be used to send you unsolicited messages. Datatility posts a list of customers and testimonials on Datatility Websites. These lists and testimonials usually contain Personal Information such as customer names and job titles. Datatility obtains the consent of each customer prior to posting any information on such a list or posting testimonials.
- Co-branding. Some Datatility Websites or Services may be co-branded and offered in conjunction with another company. If you use such website or Services, both Datatility and the other company may receive the Personal Information that’s collected via that co-branded website or Service. The company whose privacy statement is displayed on a co-branded website will be responsible for Personal Information collected on such a website.
- Third-party vendors. In order to provide the Services and improve Datatility Websites, Datatility may engage the services of third-party vendors. In the process of supplying services to Datatility, these third-party vendors may need to collect Personal Information about you.
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Contact Information includes your name, company name, job title, telephone numbers, fax numbers, postal addresses, email addresses, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Datatility (“Contact Information”). When you are expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about the Services or signing up to use the Services, Datatility requires that you provide contact information (“Required Contact Information”).
- Transactional Information includes information about the Services you use, and how you interact with us and the Services (for example through email, customer portal, or phone).
- Billing Information includes financial qualification and billing information, such as billing name and address, and a credit card number, including card security number and credit card date of expiration.
- Optional Information includes your company’s annual revenues, number of employees, industry or similar information that helps us tailor our Services to you. Please note, that Optional Information is information that you do not have to provide unless otherwise agreed between us.
- Information Collected by Automated Means includes information that Datatility collects through commonly used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons. Such information includes standard information from your web browser (such as browser type and browser language), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and your activities on Datatility Websites (such as the web pages viewed and the links clicked, number of visits, access time, device ID or other unique identifier, domain name, screen views, language information, device name and model, and operating system type), the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave Datatility Websites, your computer operating system, and mobile device operating system (if you are accessing Datatility Websites using a mobile device).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Unless otherwise stated herein, we use your information for providing you the Services that you have requested from us, as referred below:
- To contact you. We use your Contact Information to get in touch with you. Here are some examples of reasons why we might contact you to: communicate with you about your orders or the Services you use; conduct surveys; send you announcements about the Services; notify you about our upcoming events; administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our business partners;
- For marketing purposes. We use your Contact Information to recommend products and services that might be of interest to you, to send you marketing and advertising messages such as newsletters, announcements, or special offers or to notify you about our upcoming events.
- To provide the Services to you. We need the Required Contact Information, Transactional Information, and Billing Information to: process orders (including payments) for our Services; provide the Services to you; provide access to secure areas of our websites; create and maintain your account, and control access to it.
- To measure interest in Datatility Websites and advertisements. We need Information Collected via Automated Means to: measure interest in our websites and advertisements; develop our web pages and marketing plans; customize and improve the content you view when you visit Datatility Websites; suggest products and services that you may be interested in purchasing; personalize the online ads we present to you based on your prior web visits or ads viewed; and enable us to review develop and continually improve the Services and offers we provide.
- To protect our business. We use information we collect to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of the Datatility Websites and the Services, and to identify and protect our business from fraudulent transactions.
- To manage our everyday business needs, such as to: administer and manage our business; train our employees; help promote compliance with our terms of service or any other agreements between us; allow you to apply for a job; carry out research and development; carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent; or to comply with the law.
2. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except for the limited circumstances described in this Privacy Statement or your applicable agreement / terms of service, the Personal Information we gather is for internal use only and we will not authorize the release of this information to anyone outside of Datatility unless you have consented to such disclosure. When we need to provide your Personal Information to third parties, we will only share it to the extent reasonably necessary. We may also share your Personal Information as required or permitted by law and as described below.
- Disclosure to our Service Providers and third-party business partners: We may disclose, to the extent necessary for the provision of services, Personal Information to third party service providers and channel partners. Please be aware that our third party service providers and channel partners may be located in a different country to you, so your Personal Information may be transferred outside of your country.
We require that our third-party service providers and channel partners agree to keep confidential all information we share with them and to use the information only to perform their obligations in the agreements we have in place with them. These third-party service providers and channel partners are expected to maintain privacy and security protections that are consistent with Datatility’s privacy and information security policies.
While we provide these third parties with no more information than is necessary to perform the function for which we engaged them, any information that you provide to these third parties independently is subject to their respective privacy policies and practices.
- Disclosure to Others: Should you breach any of our terms and conditions (for example, our terms of service or the Datatility Website term) or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal or compliance obligation, we may disclose your information to a relevant authority. We may need to release the information we collect to third parties when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce our legal rights, to protect the rights, safety or property of our business and others, or to assist with industry efforts to control fraud, spam or other undesirable conduct and as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
Additionally, we will provide information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Disclosure when we have your consent: We may also disclose your Personal Information and other information, for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, as otherwise required or permitted by law, and/or with your consent. Any such purposes may involve the transfer of your Personal Information across country borders.
We may disclose information that does not identify any individual or company (e.g., anonymous, aggregated data) without restriction. For example, we may provide our advertisers or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
3. HOW YOU CAN MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Communication Preferences and Opt-outs. If you wish to stop receiving email marketing communications from us, please click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the relevant email marketing communication or by following the instructions detailed in the communication. Please note that this may not unsubscribe you from all other communications. If you wish to opt-out completely then please contact us using the details provided below. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from service-related messages. In accordance with industry standards and applicable laws, we reserve the right to retain your Personal Information for a reasonable amount of time so we can ensure that we do not contact you in the future.
- Access and Correction. If you would like to know what Personal Information we hold about you, you may submit a request to us by using the contact details below. We will supply Personal Information about you and that we hold in our own files within the reasonable timeframes stipulated by law.
- If you would like to correct or update the information we hold about you, or revoke consent previously granted, please follow these instructions:
- Deleting your information. If you would like us to delete your Personal Information from our records then please contact us by using the details below and we will respond within a reasonable time. Please note that we may be required to retain certain information by law and/or for own legitimate business purposes.
To protect your privacy, we will require you to prove your identity before granting access to, or agreeing to update, correct or delete your Personal Information and we will only implement requests with respect to Personal Information about you (not anyone else).
- Choosing not to provide us with certain information. You can choose not to provide certain information when using Datatility Websites, Services or mobile-device applications, but this may prevent you from being able to take full advantage of the functions available online and it may prevent us from being able to provide you with Services.
4. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
THE MEASURES WE TAKE
We are committed to industry best practice when it comes to preventing loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorized access, or unlawful or unnecessary processing of the information we collect as described in section 1 of this Privacy Statement (“Datatility Collected Information”). For example, we:
- make use of encryption technology as appropriate;
use appropriate network access control technology to limit access to the systems on which Datatility Collected Information is stored; and monitored for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that the technical, physical and organizational measures we take will prevent every security threat nor can we guarantee that your Datatility Collected Information will not be improperly accessed, used, altered or destroyed. We will notify you if we discover there has been a material breach of security, which resulted in an unauthorized disclosure of your Personal Information.
THE STEPS YOU SHOULD TAKE
To help maintain the security of information you provide to Datatility or you store on Datatility’s hosted systems, please follow these rules:
- Keep your passwords private.
- If you’re already a customer, remember that you’re responsible for making sure no unauthorized person has access to your passwords and account details. You should promptly notify us if you need to deactivate your login or change your password. You should also implement appropriate security measures for the data you store on the hosted system.
- Remember, when you use online tools such as our forums, community sites or social networking sites, the content you upload to them will be public. If you don’t want the content you upload to be seen by the rest of the world, please don’t post it!
5. DATA INTEGRITY and RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information we collect is relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used. Datatility takes reasonable steps to help ensure that data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you the Services or as long as needed to fulfil the purpose for which Personal Information was originally collected.
As noted in section 3 above, you have the rights to access, correct and request the deletion of your own Personal Information in accordance with applicable law. You are also entitled to oppose to certain data processing practices or to revoke consent previously granted, to the extent permitted by the law. In order to exercise such rights please log in to the applicable Datatility control panel to submit a customer support ticket or contact us to the contact data set forth below.
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer provide you the Services, please log in to the applicable Datatility control panel to submit a ticket. In response, we will cancel or remove your information but may retain and use copies of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Our websites and the Services are not designed for or directed at individuals under the age of thirteen (13) or minors otherwise defined in local law or regulation. We will not intentionally collect or maintain information about these individuals. If you believe that we may have collected Personal Information from someone under the age of 13 or from a minor as may be otherwise defined in your country, please let us know using the methods described in the “Inquiries and Complaints” section of this Privacy Statement. We will then take appropriate measures to investigate and, if appropriate, delete that information.
Datatility utilizes the self-assessment approach to assure its compliance with its Privacy Statement. Datatility regularly verifies that the Privacy Statement is accurate, comprehensive, prominently displayed, completely implemented and in conformity with the Safe Harbor Principles or other applicable laws and regulations and conducts its self-assessment on an annual basis to ensure that all relevant privacy practices are being followed. Appropriate employee training is in place and internal procedures for periodically conducting objective reviews of compliance are in place.
8. CUSTOMER DATA – PERSONAL INFORMATION OF OUR CUSTOMERS’ CLIENTS
Our customers are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of their accounts and access to the hosted systems, and encrypting any Personal Information they store on or transmit to/from our hosted system.
For details of how the Customer Data will be used and protected, and details of how to access or correct it, please refer to the privacy statement of the relevant Datatility customer to which you submitted your Personal Information.
9. PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THIRD PARTIES
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of Personal Information that’s collected via Datatility Websites, the Services, and our mobile-device applications.
In the course of our interactions with you, we may provide you with links to third-party websites for your convenience and information. The privacy practices of those sites may differ from our own practices and are not controlled by us nor covered by this Privacy Statement. We do not make any representations about third-party websites. We encourage you to review their privacy policies before submitting your personal data.
10. INQUIRIES OR COMPLAINTS
If you have a question or complaint about this Privacy Statement or our information collection practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will investigate the matter and are committed to resolve any privacy concerns that you may have.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Statement may also change from time to time. The “Last Updated” section at the top of this page states when this Privacy Statement was last revised. You should check the Datatility Websites frequently to see recent changes. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the Datatility Websites. Your continued use of the Datatility Websites and the Services following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement.
If any change materially affects the privacy of your Personal Information, we will post the Privacy Statement before its effective date and give you a reasonable period of time to object to any changes (which you may do by ceasing to use our Services, Datatility Websites, and Datatility mobile-device applications).
We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to stay informed about how we collect, use and share Personal Information.